Hypnotherapy for Anxiety
Anxiety is a mechanism that is set up to tell us that there is something potentially dangerous about to occur. The problem with that though is that it can often give us false messages telling us to wary when there is no real danger.
Anxiety thinks it is protecting us but in most cases the message is not needed or warranted. Anxiety brings with it adrenaline which is what often why we feel jittery and have palpitations.
The person with anxiety fears the anxiety and that in itself creates more anxiety. It then becomes a vicious circle of avoiding things that you think may cause your anxiety. In most cases the biggest fear is the fear itself.
Do you have any of these anxiety symptoms?
- You can’t shut off your thoughts and they won’t go away.
- Your thoughts are confused and you can’t think clearly like you have fog on the brain.
- You get frequently depressed and wonder what is the point of your life.
- You feel tense or anxious most of the time and you can’t seem to relax.
- You get stressed over the littlest things and blow things out of proportion only to regret it later.
- You can’t concentrate and your mind keeps wandering onto past negative events.
- Your mind won’t shut off at night and your thoughts keep you awake.
- You shy away from the limelight and you don’t believe in yourself.
- Your heart races at times and you feel dizzy.
- You fear going places even though you would like to do it.
- You worry about going to the simplest of places.
Nobody is born anxious. Anxiety can build up through life’s difficult events if they are not processed properly. Through modern psychological techniques we can help alleviate the symptoms.
I treat anxiety the following way:
- Thought Retraining. I teach the client how to stop the thoughts that cause their anxiety.
- Hypnosis. Using hypnosis we create a new more positve thought pattern about the future.
- Testing. We test the work we have done and compare the new responses and feelings compared to the old.
After an assessment on the phone we decide whether we are a good fit to work together. Most require at least 3 sessions so most people book in for the Gold package. Every client I see is different from the last so treatment strategy and results vary from client to client. It is a requirement of the client to do any homework I set out.
For therapy to be a success we need a strong working relationship. I am committed to helping my clients as best I can I expect the same from my clients.
Please have a look at my services and prices page for my anxiety treatment packages.