Hypnotherapy for social phobia.
Social phobia is an extremely common issue ranging from nervousness to outright rejection of being in any social situation. Social phobia is the fear of social situations that involve interaction with other people. Social phobia or social anxiety is the fear and anxiety of being negatively judged or evaluated by other people. It is a destructive fear that causes anxiety and can spoil a lot of the fun in a person’s life.
Situations that can trigger social phobia are as follows:
- Being introduced to other people that they don’t know
- Being teased or criticised
- Perception of being the centre of attention
- Being observed while doing something
- Public speaking like having to give a speech
- Meeting people in authority or perceived important people
- Being in unfamiliar surroundings
- Embarrassing easily (e.g., blushing, shaking)
- Meeting other peoples’ eyes
- Making phone calls if in front of people
This list goes on and on. There are literally too many other things to list.
The feelings that some social anxiety sufferers experience include panic, high levels of fear, nervousness, automatic negative thoughts, racing heart, blushing, excessive sweating, dry throat and mouth, paranoia, and muscle twitches. Intense self consciousness the most common symptom.
Hypnotherapy and its related techniques can have a dramatic impact in reducing the anxiety about those social situations. In my experience most clients notice a reduction of nervousness in just 2 sessions.
Treatment for social phobia includes:
- Confidence building
- Anxiety reduction
- Creating a preferred future response
- Hypnotic reinforcement
What to do next?
Most phobias are dealt with in 2 sessions though sometimes it can require 4. If it wasn’t at least 50% better by 3, I would not suggest any further sessions. You can book your sessions one at a time.