Steve Norton Anxiety Specialist Terms & Conditions
By using and buying from this website you accept these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully before making any booking.
Hypnotherapy, BWRT and NLP are all treatments that rely on the commitment and motivation from both the therapist and the client to get the best results. Part of the treatment occurs in the consulting room and part of the treatment is cognitive reflection or homework. As the client, when you agree to undertake a course of treatment you also agree to engage with the process, complete any homework that you are given and listen to the mp3’s at appropriate times. It is with commitment and partnership working that you will see the best results. Therapy is a team effort and I am committed to do my very best for you.
Therapy Sessions & Fees
Payment for either a session or a therapy package must be paid within 24 hours of an appointment being made. This is to show commitment to therapy. In the past I’ve had people book in and didn’t show up so because of that sessions are paid in advance. I find that people who are committed, reliable and serious about getting the best results have no problem with this policy. Each standard session lasts up to 90 minutes and the agreed fee per session or package is stated on the services page. Fees are payable at the time of booking within 24 hours of a session being booked by cash, or credit or debit card via PayPal.
You commit to attend the appointments that we make. There are two good reasons for this.
1. Your attendance at the appointment is part of your commitment to the on-going treatment.
2. If you do not cancel in a reasonable time then you have stopped someone else having that appointment.
It is important to understand that if you are taking medication for your issues that some medications have side effects that can affect the success of your therapy. Some medications can cause chemical reactions in the brain which may cause therapy to be ineffective. Please bear this in mind.
Any sessions booked and paid for must be taken within 12 months of payment. Refunds will not be given for any sessions booked and not taken. A period of 48 hours of received payment will be given if you change your mind and a full refund will be given (providing you haven’t had a session with Steve). After 48 hours no refund will be given. No partial refunds on Gold or Platinum packages are allowed as they are already discounted from the regular price. As you are also receiving a digital product as part of the Gold or Platinum program that can’t be returned no refunds can occur after 48 hours of enrolling on those programs.
My cancellation policy requires at least 24 hours notice of cancellation via telephone, text or email. If an appointment is cancelled with less notice then the full session fee will apply and you will lose your session. Please understand that when you forget or cancel your appointment without giving enough notice, I miss the opportunity to fill that appointment time and clients on my waiting list miss the opportunity to receive my services. I hope you understand that these policies are in place to protect my practice, I have no desire to use them. Thank you and I appreciate your understanding in these situations.
Arriving Late for an Appointment
If you are running late, please let me know as soon as possible. I will do my best to make a full session available, but this often depends on appointments subsequent to your booking and so cannot be guaranteed. If your session needs to be curtailed due to your late arrival then the session fee remains payable in full.
In order to ensure continued best practice everything you say will be treated in the strictest confidence with the following exceptions:
Self-Harm: I may need to contact your GP if it appears that you are suicidal or intend to carry out serious self-harm.
Abuse or Injury to a Minor: I am legally required to report any abuse towards a minor to the appropriate authorities should you divulge any such information to me.
Standards of Behaviour
I undertake to treat you with respect and not to abuse the trust you put in me. I will use best practice at all times in our mutual interest. In return, you undertake not to harm yourself, or any other person, including me, or any property belonging either to me or any other person. You agree not to come to sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs, except those medications prescribed by your doctor. If you do come to sessions under the influence of alcohol or recreational drugs or demonstrate violent/abusive behaviour, I reserve the right to cancel the session and refuse any further therapy sessions.
- Your sessions with me will be confidential as per the Data Protection Act guidelines, and outlined on ico.org.uk. However, as a Member of the National Council of Hypnotherapists, I am required to have regular supervision and I may need to discuss our work with my supervisor. This is rare, but if this is the case, I will not disclose your name or anything that would enable you to be identified, to the supervisor.
- I will not confer with your doctor or any other person of a professional standing without your knowledge and written permission. When agreement is made between you and myself regarding the consensual sharing of information, it will only ever be non-specific information shared, such as name/address/birthdate or a treatment plan outline.
- However if there is convincing evidence that you intend to harm yourself or others, I will need to break confidentiality by informing your doctor, or someone in authority, but again this would only take place with your prior knowledge.
- I will keep brief notes after a session, which will be securely stored, in a locked cabinet. Nobody else will have access to those notes.
- I have password protection and encryption on all devices that use electronic data, such as computer/phone/tablet. No one has access to those devices but me, so if we converse via any of those methods in the way of email or text, you can be assured of confidentiality.
- I only keep your details for as long as is necessary. Your client file, which contains brief notes about the work we do together, is held for a period of time (7 years) as set out by my insurer & as per GDPR regulations.
- On rare occasions, it may be that our initial work together may highlight the need for me to recommend you for referral to another hypnotherapist or counselling/psychotherapist or health care practitioner for some form of specialist therapy or medical care. In this instance your options will be explained to you fully.
- You are welcome to request a copy of your patient file, or can request that I delete your information, but you are required to do this in writing either via email or post.
- Above all, these guidelines are there for the benefit of all of my clients. It helps to contain the sessions and ensures that you get the very best out of your sessions with me.
I understand and agree to the above: